Lately I've be rewatching so of the previous seasons' epsisodes and yes, some of them are a bit contrived, almost forced. They wouldn't have gone to a pro-hockey game if their editor hadn't taken them and made the arrangements. The episode where they went to the ostrich farm was a great learning experience for the younger kids--it reminded me of a field trip we took in grade school, but not an episode I'd really want to watch over and over. So what do I want to see the Duggars do if I could choose some Duggar moments?
1) Well as a Jew, I think it would be great to see them continue to expand their horizons and celebrate a Jewish holiday--start small and maybe celebrate something like Hanukkah. For those of you who aren't aware, it's not actually a holiday, it's a festival, and a minor one at that. Since it falls near Christmas, most people think it's important, and while it does celebrate a feat of Jewish history, Jews in the last few decades have adopted it as a holiday in America so their kids wouldn't feel left out while their Christian friends were celebrating Christmas. But anyway, it would be interesting to see them visit a Jewish family similar to them in modesty beliefs, maybe not an Chassidic family--that would be too hard for them to handle--but a nice Orthodox family who could have them over for a Hanukkah party--I think that would be an interesting episode--the kids playing dreidle...eating latkes and all the fried foods. Of course Purim is another possibility--they could dress up in costumes, we don't celebrate Halloween and I doubt the Duggars do either--but at Purim you wear costumes and read the book of Ester.
2) Continuing my theme it would be great to see them tour Israel. They could see both the Jewish places and the Christian places. Maybe for fairness sake even the Muslim places.
3) Since I'm married to a Brit and gave birth to my daughter in London, I'd love to see them travel to England and tour the museums. We've seen them in El Salvador and NYC--now let's see them take on London. How will Jim Bob explain the dinosaur bones at the Natural History museum? Will they get used to eating beans on toast for breakfast? And please let's take them for a high class meal to one of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants. Should we trek them across the country to stone henge for good measure?
4) Family Feud or Are you smarter than a Duggar...can they take over a game show for a week? It's Duggar week on "Deal or No Deal" Can you see a bunch of Duggars in the desks instead of the usual 5th graders matching wits with Jeff Foxworthy?
5) A real "week in the life" instead of pre-planned TLC crap...show us some more documentary style stuff where we see some real life things going on...answer some real questions about where they are shopping now....who they are hanging out with when they have free time...
Now it's YOUR turn...share some episodes or situations YOU want to see the Duggars in!