Friday, June 11, 2010

Jackson and Johanna Duggar: You'd Never Know They Weren't Twins

Jackson and Johanna always seem to be together. Maybe it's because TLC interviews them together for the show, but even in the shots around the house, you see them playing together. Johanna also seems to try and emulate him at the school table--or maybe pester him--whenever she can. The two aren't that close in age, when you look at the Duggar children all together, but they are one right after the other and the way they play and act, you'd never know they weren't twins.

The first birth we were privy to with the Duggars was Jackson's. Does anyone remember when they all went to the ultrasound and found out it was a boy? At that time his name was Judah Benjamin. We learned later in the special that they had a "change of heart" about the name, not the baby, and were going to name him Jackson Levi. Maybe it's me, but I think they made the right choice.

The next special was the Duggar family going across the country towards Disneyland. The narrator took special care to let us know that, no, Michelle wasn't pregnant. But then we were "Raising 16 Kids" and learned that a baby girl was on the way--Johanna Faith. They had previously had 6 boys in a row so the girls were extra excited to find out another sister was on the way.

We've only really seen Jackson and Johanna in the past 2 seasons--that is seen them do interviews. It's interesting to me that they are almost always together for the interview portion. They seem to play a lot together too. I don't have a lot of experience in the closeness of siblings department--my sister is 10 years older than I am and was off to college when I was 8--so I don't know if they are close because they are next to each other in birth order or not. Most of the girls stay with the girls and the boys stay with the boys, but they were also born that way--the boys clumped together and the girls together--so Johanna didn't have much of a choice of who to play with, the closest to her age were the boys--Joy-Anna was about 10 years older than she was when she was born--being the closest girl in age.

Johanna definately seems to take the roll of big sister as seriously as her older sisters do. She jumps right in and helps with her 2 younger sisters, Jennifer and Jordyn--even if they don't want the help--think Jordyn being dumped into a wagon. I doubt that the carrying around of Jordyn and accidental dropping of Jordyn are done out of spite or anger--I think she is following the Duggar example of helping. She sees her older sisters doing these things and so she wants to do those things too.

Jackson--I don't have a clear read on him yet. I do think he's very smart and has that little kid sense of humour that makes for good interviews--otherwise they probably wouldn't feature him so often. He and Johanna do have the banter down and are very funny together. They really do strike me as twins--they seem more like twins that Jana and John-David, whom we almost never see spending any time together.

I think we'll have fun watching these two grow up. Being some of the youngest kids in the family they probably do have some fun and do get some attention. I have to wonder if Johanna was a bit spoiled when she was the "brand new girl we waited so long for" before more girls showed up behind her. Sometimes she can come off as a bit bratty, but then we also saw her/see her at ages 3-4 when that's not uncommon. Remember it isn't the Duggars who claim to have "such well-behaved children," it's the fans who say that. The Duggars are more realistic and it's nice to see that the editors are beginning to show us more "real" moments with some kids acting out and not being so perfect.

What are your favourite moments with Jackson and/or Johanna?

11 comments:

  1. My favorite moments are the interviews themselves. Think a kiddy version of Sonny & Cher before things went sour between them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MaryBeth, Great topic! I just wanted to make a correction that Johannah spells it with an H on the end- I am not saying this to be mean or rude I just know that you like to have and give "facts" =) I liked the interview where Johannah gave jackson a "pat" on the back a little too hard and he fell off his chair, it was pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather...yes i know...i just can't make myself spell it that way...i always have to self-correct from spelling Jinger with a G--because that's how it should be spelled hahaha ....i think those 2 are hilarious when they intervew together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gotcha! It kind of seems to me like Johannah acts older than Jackson.. I remember when they visited that big house (buildmore)-spelling wrong I bet. and Jackson was like "I just wish someone would pick me up and carry me, but they didn't" lol that was cute but Johannah is always correcting him lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Johannah's bee costume video - haha! reminds me of my daughter at that age

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jackson is 7, and Johannah is 5. Kids that age are so cute. 5, 6, and 7-year-olds are not too little, not too big. I can't wait until my brother turns 5 next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bros seven a is a charm. I love Johhanah and Jackson they are so funny my faveb part was when they were they interview people for duggars make a home movie

      Delete
  7. My favorite Jackson & Johannah moment is this: interviewer:Do you think Josh and Anna will name everyone with an m? Jackson:Yes, I guess so...wait no! Johannah:Wait yes! Jackson:Wait no. Johannah:Wait yes. Jackson:No. No, no, no. LOL so cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jackson and Johannah were asked what the liked todo together, the girl whispered 'play like mom and dad', the boy froze and said 'did anyone hear that?!' to the camera man, no answer...'good!'
    This is really scary. It's a bad sign that boy and girl are 'playing mommy and daddy' together and their mom and dad are so busy with everything they don't have a clue! This could destroy these kids, those parents need to wake up and separate them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw that moment (watching Netflix)and it was a bit unsettling. Sure, he could just be embarrassed, but it seemed like much more than that... Like she's getting them in trouble or telling a secret.

      I'm intrigued by this family. It's been interesting to research them, but I'm sure a big scandal isn't far off (since the children are entering adulthood). The"free Jinger movement" and Josh scandal are only the tip of the iceberg, unfortunately. Of course, when you live your life under a microscope, you subject yourself to scrutiny and criticism. I think they try to do good things and love the Lord. Their life isn't what I would choose or completely what I believe, but good for them for trying to have morals and values.

      Delete
  9. Jackson and Johannah ARE close in age. And the reason they go and do the interviews together is because they are together in the Dugagar line-up. Jackson's number 15, and Johannah's number 16. Haven't you noticed that Jessa and Jinger do it together? That's because they're close in age and are together in the line-up. Same with Josiah and Joy-Anna in the interviews too. Not to be mean or anything, I'm just simply stating cause it seems that you were wondering. Anyways, great topic!

    ReplyDelete